Raleigh Mom Bloggers and Stoneâs Team to Name 2014 Top Toys
RALEIGH, N.C. (PRWEB) December 10, 2014
From Simon to Snap Circuits, Thinking Putty to Spirograph, the votes are in from a group of Triangle-area moms on the smartest toys of the year. Stoneâs Education & Toys, a favorite independent retailer of educational toys, games, books and teacher supplies, compiled its 2014 âBest Toys for Kids,â with the help of area moms, their children, and the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA). These favorite toys offer a double whammy of entertainment and educational value, perfect for keeping young minds actively learning. Each has been awarded with the ASTRA seal of approval.
âArea mothers have shared with us the importance of toys and games where play intersects with learning,â said Carol Madison, co-owner of Stoneâs Education & Toys. âWe recommend parents explore our list of popular toys, not because theyâre the latest fad promoted by a television show or movie. These toys are in high demand by area parents and their children, because they help educate and stimulate young minds.â
Over 550 of Americaâs top independent toy retailers selected ASTRAâs list of âBest Toys for Kids," based on the most engaging, unique and fun toys that offer fulfilling play for children. With the help of six influential Wake County mom bloggers and their children, Stoneâs staff created its own âBest Toys for Kidsâ based on popularity, an understanding of how kids play, and parent feedback.
The Stoneâs Education & Toys 2014 âBest Toys for Kidsâ include:
1) The Original Spirograph Deluxe Kit by Kahootz Toys. This creative art toy set will keep kids quietly creating fantastic art for hours.
2) Squigz by Fat Brain Toy Co. These ultra-popular suction cups come in playful colors and fun sounds to keep busy minds building things all over. They donât leave marks, and adhere well to nearly any hard surface, including each other.
3) Snap Circuits by Elenco Electronics. Itâs a snap for kids of all ages to learn the science of energy through physics and electronics. Everything necessary to build over 165 projects.
4) Ezy Roller is a riding toy that combines the best features of a bike and a scooter, where kids propel their way to fun through unique body motions.
5) Simon, the classic 80âs memory game, is back and popular with kids. It has an updated design and LCD counter to keep track of high scores. Some things never go out of style.
6) Thinking Putty by Crazy Aaronâs Puttyworld. Stretch it, stick it, bounce it, and write on it. Choose the classic or the newest offering for hours of fun possibilities.
7) Magformers, Tegu and Magna-Tiles are colorful magnetic building toys that provide hours of creative building fun on flat surfaces or in 3-D. This is where math, science and creativity meet!
8) ZOOB is an innovative building system where a child can invent a toy and play with their creation. Pieces snap, click and pop together to form joints that rotate, limbs that extend, axles that spin and lots more.
9) Poppers, by Hog Wild. What may seem like mindless fun is a wonderful way to build fine motor skills, encourage hand and finger strengthening, and improve hand/eye coordination.
10) Books, and Arts ân Crafts Kits. Not to be left out, good olâ fashioned books as well as various crafts kits are still very popular with moms and kids.
This yearâs list of the smartest toys was compiled with the help of six Triangle-area mom bloggers and their children. They include: Sarah Coggins of 2Paws Designs. Ilina Ewen of Dirt and Noise. Molly Gold of Go Mom! Erin Lane of A Parenting Production. Jessica Lieb of The B Keeps Us Honest. Cyndi Soter-OâNeill of My Convertible Life.
Stoneâs staff cross-referenced their selections with top toys from ASTRAâs âBest Toys for Kids,â tallied from independent retailersâ picks based on popularity, uniqueness, and fulfilling play. The American Specialty Toy Retailing Association is a non-profit association committed to providing children with healthy, quality play materials that foster learning and childhood development.
About Stoneâs Education & Toys
For children, nothing compares to the enchanted feeling of shopping at a local toy store. Stoneâs Education & Toys is a passionate advocate for the shop local movement as an independent retailer of educational toys, games, books and teacher supplies. Children and their parents, grandparents and teachers can experience the joy of learning while playing when they visit Stoneâs 17,000 square foot store, which serves as a unique learning lab. Stop by to discover the buildingâs real-time energy consumption and use of renewable energy. These sustainability features make it one of the Triangleâs greenest buildings, recognized with a 2014 City of Raleigh Environmental Award for Green Design, a 2014 Triangle Business Journal Real Estate Award for Best Commercial Build-Out, and a 2014 Cary Excellence Award.
Follow us on: Attachments
Â©Copyright 1997- , Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.